Please begin typing, and select your location from the list
Get better results and save time by saving your locations. Home, Office, Favorite vacation spot, Grandmas House and more...Create an account | Log In
Recently Searched locations
Trending Articles in Your Area
List: Posted: 10/11/11
Having a home gym can make it far easier to get in a good workout at a lower price. Choosing the right exercise equipment for your gym is important, though. You do want to tailor the pieces you purchase to the types of workouts right for your needs. Your interests and physical limitations should also be a factor when choosing these pieces of equipment.
Many of the largest pieces of equipment in traditional fitness centers are now available for the home. Consider these options for your home workout area.
* Kettlebells are one of the best for overall body fitness and they are inexpensive, so anyone can afford to have them in the home.
* Rowing machines are ideal for a whole body workout, too, as they work both the upper and lower body in a safe, but aerobic, method.
* Stationary bikes remain one of the simplest of items to invest in and they do give you a good cardio workout, especially if they are full motion bikes involving your arms.
* Elliptical trainers are a good option for cardio workouts to strengthen the heart and lungs.
* Light weightlifting equipment can be a good choice in exercise equipment, assuming you use it properly and with safety in mind.
Other exercise equipment options to consider for your gym include free weights (rather than a weightlifting machine) balance balls, treadmills and yoga equipment. Choose one or more pieces for cardiovascular workouts and another for strength training. However, it is best to choose items you will need to accomplish your goals, no matter if that is to build muscle mass or to lose weight.
Golds Gym is where you go to Know Your Own Strength. Join a gym today and be stronger with workout plans, classes, fitness tips, fitness webinars and more.
The material in this article is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Local.com. See Additional Information