Please begin typing, and select your location from the list
Get better results and save time by saving your locations. Home, Office, Favorite vacation spot, Grandmas House and more...Create an account | Log In
Recently Searched locations
List: Posted: 03/01/12
Many times, you choose to shop at beauty supply stores because they can provide you with access to certain products that you just will not be able to find in department stores. In this way, beauty stores can be quite helpful. The downside, though, is that most beauty stores will charge more for their products and there are some of these products that are just overpriced.
If you use any of the following five items, then chances are, you are paying too much for them. Choose instead to shop online for them and you can save a great deal of money.
1. Flat Irons. Some of the best straightening irons are not available in department stores, but beauty stores charge $30-$40 more than is really necessary, making them extremely overpriced for what they are.
2. Shampoos and Conditioners. These essential items are often overpriced in beauty stores just because they carry a specific brand name. The often contain the exact same ingredients as the department store's generic brand.
3. Mascara. Just because it is available in an overpriced beauty store does not mean it will be a better product. You are often paying more just for the pretty label - which you end up throwing away anyway.
4. Hair Brushes. Often, these brushes, which are available for under $10 each at any department store, will be very high in price at beauty stores. And probably over-packaged.
5. Nail Polish. Some brands truly will last longer, but you can save money by shopping online for your favorite nail polish. You'll get the exact same product at around a quarter of the price.
Many items are overpriced in beauty stores simply because they are labeled as a “specialty.” However, you can find these items online or in department stores for much lower prices. If you do not want to pay more than you have to, consider alternative ways to buy your favorite beauty items.
The material in this article is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Local.com. See Additional Information